MakerSpace Charlotte is moving!!
We are now in the final stages of moving MakerSpace Charlotte to our new location at 900 Pressley Rd. Schedule of events:
- Tues (Apr 23) — We need all trailers and hands who can help move furniture and bulky items which do not fit on pallets. If you can help, reach out to us on Slack or e-mail email@example.com.
- Wed (Apr 24) — Wood Shop is being completely relocated to 900 Pressley. Key Fobs available at 900 Pressley for members.
- Thu (Apr 25) — Our dividing wall is being disassembled and final packing is taking place.
- Fri (Apr 26) — Cleanup and Setup at 900 Pressley. Key Fobs available for members.
- Sat (Apr 27) — We are ALL HANDS ON DECK loading and unloading a large lift gate truck with all the pallets from Storage and the Space. If you can help, reach out to us on Slack or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sun (Apr 28) — We anticipate being done on Saturday but if absolutely necessary we will have a last loadup and dropoff of the large truck on Sunday.
- Wed (May 1) — Cleanup and Setup
- Thu (May 2) — Cleanup and Setup
- Fri (May 3) — Our “First Friday” Open House event at the new space will be Vintage and Modern Video Games and BBQ will be served (donations appreciated!). We will just be getting things up and running, so our normal course of events will not happen, but we wanted to do something, so come out and have fun checking out the new space.
Want to check out a tentative map of 900 Pressley?
How do I get to 900 Pressley Rd?
From I-77 South of Charlotte:
- Take Exit 6B – Billy Graham Parkway.
- Stay right and turn onto S Tryon St.
- Turn left at the next night onto Pressley Rd.
- Look for the TPM building on your right side. Entrance into 900-C Pressley is on the far left (brick side) of the building.
From I-77 Midtown:
- Take Exit 7 – Clanton Rd
- Turn right onto Clanton Rd
- Turn left after the Exxon station onto Barringer Rd.
- At the end of the road, turn left onto Pressley Rd.
- Look for the TPM building on your left side. Entrance into 900-C Pressley is on the far left (brick side) of the building.