This will be a library of resources for learn-at-your-own-pace websites and videos on how to use tools and doing tasks at the MakerSpace.
Great Scott has a popular electronics YouTube channel which covers a huge variety of electronics projects including teaching the basics.
LearnElectronics is one of the better YouTube channels for beginners.
Migrating From Arduino to Atmel Studio
Shawn Hymel’s Intro to KiCad PCB Design
Note that this tutorial series covers KiCad 4.1 and there are some changes for KiCad 5.0 which you’ll want to take note of in updated videos.
Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 Part 6 Part 7 Part 8 Part 9 Part 10
Intro to 3D Printing at MakerSpace Charlotte Handout and Cura Profiles
3DP Rocks: Image to Lithophane Converter
NASA 3D Models — Many of NASA’s ships are now available as free 3D models for printing
Thingiverse — Tens of thousands of free 3D models which can be downloaded and printed
Simplify3D’s 3D Printing Quality Troubleshooter
Awaiting links and videos!
Punished Props is one of the best YouTube channels for getting into Cosplay, foam molding, and so forth.
Mask MADNESS Part 2 – Molding & Casting
Adam Savage’s One Day Builds on his Tested channel are a great inspiration to do projects!
Cosplay Chris is another great YouTube channel for beginning or intermediate Cosplayers wanting to learn the processes.
Evil Ted has 28 years experience in Hollywood doing visual effects and making props and models.
Kamui Cosplay has lots of step-by-step How To videos on cosplay and prop making.
Bill Doran Foamsmith: How to Create Foam Armor Costumes
Bill Doran Foamsmith 2: How to Forge Foam Weapons
Odin Makes is another popular YouTube channel for Cosplayers
- Download RetinaEngrave 4.4x “legacy” Software + driver
- Download Hobby (20×12) or Pro Series 36 (36×24) User Manuals
- When installing the RetinaEngrave 3D software, you’ll be prompted to install a Windows Vista or Windows 7 driver. You must click Yes.
- Frank Howarth has a great woodworking channel on YouTube.
- Steve Ramsey — Woodworking for Mere Mortals
- Matthias Wandel — The Godfather of woodworking channels
- Band Saw Clinic (how to setup and calibrate your band saw) with Alex Snodgrass
- Lathe: An Introduction to Safety and Terms
- TOT: An Introduction to Grinding High Speed Steel tools
- Making your own HSS tooling for the lathe (less expensive but takes trial-and-error)
- TOT: A Brief Chat about Carbide Tooling
- Brazed carbide tooling and Insert tooling for the lathe (more expensive but easier options)
- Abom79: Shop Talk 15 — CNMG Inserts
Model Trains and Dioramas
- Luke Towan‘s YouTube channel is an incredible resource for those who want to do stunningly realistic model train scenery and dioramas of all kinds.
Awaiting links and videos!
- Jimmy Diresta is known for his large and small projects. Not necessarily for the beginner but a great place to get inspiration!